Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thanksgiving

Since I am having a massive headache and body-ache all over, I have decided to end the futile attempts of completing my readings. This illness has come about after weeks of on-off blocked nose, headache, lack of sleep and poor quality sleep etc; I suppose the recent weekend trip triggered the onset with all the food and exhaustion from travelling. But as the scripture says, 'in everything give thanks!'...so I am still thankful that I am not totally bedridden and as sick as how I was in Singapore.

On a brighter side, here's a photo that I took during the weekend trip to Brighton. With the subtlety of the lone couple, flying gull and a passing boat, it is one of my favourites from the trip. The title of Switchfoot's song 'Love, Life and Why' sprang to my mind when I saw it. 


I really enjoyed my time at Brighton! Having always enjoy being under the sun, sea and sand back home, it was really nice being back by the seaside, never mind the pebble beach instead. Thankful for lovely weather and the company of friends. I haven't had such a relaxing time since the start of Spring term; basically just eating, sightseeing and sleeping (or lack of). To top it off, I saw two lovely sunset while I was there, Here's the one on the second day. 

My head weighs like a ton now; I am surprised I still can type coherently... Hopefully I will feel better when I wake up tomorrow. 

No comments: